(Today’s blog post is brougth to you courtesy of Updentity.)
You’re on a mission…to change the world. How many people will you need to reach to support your organization and make it successful? It really is a numbers game, because at the end of the day, your organization is competing with other worthy causes to grab people’s attention. How can you convince people that your cause is most worthy of their support? Advertising is the key.
Most nonprofits believe that word of mouth advertising is the best way to reach new donors. But what about those people, the majority of people, who have never heard of your organization? 75% of donors go online to determine where to give their time and money. If your organization website can’t be found through a simple Google search, especially when people are searching for topics like cure cancer, stop animal abuse, or end hunger, then it’s highly doubtful those people will even know your organization exists, let alone to support your organization and your mission.
Here are five tips to increase your online visibility.
- Create meta titles and meta descriptions for your website. Meta titles are searched by search engines and the most relevant meta titles get listed at the top of the search results.
- Create unique meta titles and meta descriptions for every page on your site. One size does not fit all. The more meta titles and meta descriptions you have that speak to the different services and products you offer, the more likely those individual pages will get indexed by the search engines.
- Blog and blog often. Follow the 80/20 rule when blogging where 80% of the blogs are about your industry and 20% of the blogs are about your company and blog often. Search engines love relevant content and the more current and robust your site is, the more likely it is to appear in the search results for keywords related to your company.
- Get social. Like it or not, social media marketing is here to stay and it can have a big impact on your overall search engine performance. A presence in the social media world can help with search presence because each social media site you have links back to your website something search engines love.
- Advertise online. Online advertising with one of the major search engines, on social media channels, or even on other websites can help increase your organization’s visibility on the internet.
The bottom line, people are looking for your cause, they just can’t find it. Online advertising can help your organization achieve greater online visibility and ultimately, reach more people.
Updentity is a digital marketing firm that specializes in nonprofit online advertising and can help eligible nonprofits acquire up to $120,000 per year via an online advertising grant from Google. Nonprofits who are interested in learning more about the Google grant or are looking to increase online awareness for their organization can visit www.updentity.com.